– Sonnen should be wearing 12 lbs of gold. He not only dominated Silva, but exposed him much like Rua exposed Machida. I love that Sonnen backed up all his talk too, a rematch is definitely in order.
– Fitch won as expected. His “lay and pray” may not be exciting, but it works and he’s one of the best welterweights in the world. It will be interesting to watch him and GSP go at it again, I’ve maintained that he’s the one Welterweight who has a chance.
– Alves on the other hand needs to move up to middleweight. He looked tired and he’s been cutting too much weight. He’s better off keeping his power and trying 185 lbs.
– Clay Guida is a ball of energy. And possibly ADHD. He was bouncing around in the cage even during the post fight interview. I’m going to start calling him the energizer bunny.
– As previously stated, Matt Hughes is ageless. Too bad I was too stupid to pick him. He punked Almeida with a nasty choke.
– Stefan Struve is a G. Almost had the fight stopped after round 1 because he was abused and his lip was enormous. Round 2 came and he knocked out Morecraft clean. Scary to think he’s so young.
– Roy Nelson can take a punch or 12. He was outmatched but he hung in there. he’s got to do something different to take his game to the next level. I want to see him fight Mike Russow next. Two fat guys going at it would be sweet!
– It was my first time seeing Dos Santos live and he impressed the hell out of me. He’s got heavy hands and is a smart fighter. He’s only 26 too, he’ll be the heavyweight champ sometime in the next few years.