Rose Bowl: Wisconsin v. Oregon
Prediction: Wisconsin 31- Oregon 34
* As much as I like Wisconsin, I just can’t see them winning this game. Yeah, they have Russell Wilson, Montee Ball and a massive offensive line, but team speed kills in college football. Statistically, the Badgers look great on paper (6th pts. against), but they haven’t seen an offense like Oregon. This game is going to be a shootout. Look for the Ducks’ special teams to play a great factor in this one.
Fiesta Bowl: Stanford v. Oklahoma State
Prediction: Stanford 38- Oklahoma State 35
* This is game for the bronze medal and a tough one to call. I really like Stanford’s balance; they have a solid passing game, a reliable running game and a good defense. It’s hard to say the same about Oklahoma State’s defense, but after seeing a high-powered team like Oregon throttle Stanford, I think Oklahoma State can replicate that success.
Sugar Bowl: Virginia Tech v. Michigan
Prediction: Virginia Tech 16- Michigan 30
* Two words: Denard Robinson. He is the reason why Michigan got here and he will be the reason why they win this game. Virginia Tech hasn’t won a big game all season. In the two big games they’ve played, they were blown out twice by Clemson. Logan Thomas isn’t ready for primetime yet. Expect Robinson to put on a show.
Orange Bowl: West Virginia v. Clemson
Prediction: West Virginia 17- Clemson 31
* Clemson was looking great until they lost three out of four games towards the end. However, I can’t help but think West Virginia doesn’t belong in a BCS game. Too many close games in an average conference doesn’t bode well for the Mountaineers. I also think Tajh Boyd has a chance to do some big things against a mediocre pass defense.
BCS Title: LSU v. Alabama
Prediction: LSU 13- Alabama 20
* This was a tough one because I could see either team winning. Both are very identical with a stout defense, run the ball philosophy and protecting the football. The biggest difference in their previous meeting was the special teams of the Crimson Tide. I’m a firm believer that it is really difficult to defeat the same team twice especially when the second match-up is more meaningful. I see Bama squeaking by the Tigers in New Orleans. However, there will be touchdowns this time around.